The Amistad Long Island Black Bar Association and Legislator Carrie Solages hosted a Documentary Screening of “The School to Prison Pipeline” by InsideOut followed by an extremely informative and lively panel discussion concerning the issues that young black men face in an increasingly prison school culture.
Many thanks to Legislator Carrie Solages for extending this special invitation to Amistad.
The panelists who participated were:
– Aaron Johnson: Educator at Bay Shore High School of Global History, African American Studies
– Michael Jaime: Elmont School District Board Member
– Geoffrey Prime: Former Nassau County Assistant District Attorney, Criminal Defense Attorney, Mayor of South Floral Park
– Kevin Satterfield: Former Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney; Agency Attorney for the Department of Corrections
– Sonny Howard: Student at Penn State University and member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.